Tom Morton Sandoval LULAC Parent/Child Scholarship Program
Managed by the San Antonio College Department of Services for Women and Non-Traditional Students (SWANS), the Tom Morton Sandoval LULAC Parent/Child Scholarship Program, seeks to ensure the educational success of two generations. Honored in 2007 with the prestigious STAR Award by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and selected as a finalist in the 2008 Excelencia in education Award, the program provides support, assistance and incentives for PARENTS to successfully complete their educational objectives at an Alamo College. The parent earns a TWO YEAR SCHOLARSHIP for their CHILD to attend an Alamo College upon high school graduation when the parent completes their stated educational objective.
- The parent receives $250 per semester for four consecutive semesters (fall and spring only) if enrolled at an Alamo College.
- The child is eligible to claim a two year tuition and fee scholarship to attend any Alamo College after their high school graduation, when the parent completes an educational goal: certificate, associate degree or university transfer.
- Be the parent of a CHILD, age six or younger (only one child eligible per family).
- Commit to completing an educational goal at an Alamo College- academic certificate, associate degree or transfer program- within four years of selection for the scholarship.
- Have no more than 30 college level earned hours (remedial courses do not count against this calculation).
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA at time of application, and if currently attending an Alamo College, must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (minimum 2.0 GPA and 67% course completion rate).
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Enroll in fall semester at one of the Alamo Colleges: Northeast Lakeview College, Northwest Vista College, Palo Alto College, San Antonio College, or St. Philip’s College.
- Interview with the LULAC Parent/Child scholarship committee, if considered for the scholarship.
SAC Services for Women and Non-Traditional Students
1819 N. Main
San Antonio, Texas 78212
Attn: Bertha C. Castellanos
For questions or more information contact: (210) 486-0458 or (210) 486-0455
Bertha C. Castellanos firstname.lastname@example.org
El Consejo De Rey Feo Anteriores:
A 501C3 non-profit group to support the reigning Rey Feo in his Program of Work under the Auspices of the Rey Feo Scholarship Foundation.